The ChinaAccess4EU project has the following general objectives:
- Increase the awareness and dissemination in the EU of access opportunities for European researchers and research organisations in Chinese national research and innovation programmes;
- Increase S&T cooperation between Europe and China, especially effective collaborations of European researchers and research organisations in Chinese national research and innovation programmes;
- Help develop the reciprocity aspect of EU-China Science & Technology agreements and improve EU’s understanding of the respective research systems in China.
The project methodology consists of the following main activities:
- Mapping of the access opportunities in China;
- Dissemination of the results to European research organisations and multipliers;
- Monitoring of the participation of researchers from the EU in Chinese programmes;
- Provision of feedback and recommendations to the EC.
ChinaAccess4EU project ended in August 2012.
The current EU science, technology and innovation cooperation project with China is 'Dragon Star Plus'.